Trending
Loading...
Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Absolutely Curtains

Something swam out of the air this evening between the Vijay Chowk traffic signal and the barrier police convoy before Raisina Hill and knocked me down onto the lukewarm tar. I lost what it was in the diffused plushness of terrible bright halogens on North Block, but, as I said, it was dark.

For three minutes, I stood to see if I would see again whatever it was that swam out at me, but I didn't. So after helping myself to some decidedly baked chatter on a group of men or women who had detonated plastic explosives in a Benares temple before heading for the river, I repaired to my vehicle which I had carefully installed between motorcycles in invisibly dark depths of the Vijay Chowk general car park. A mango tree rustled at me, so I blew smoke at its pale green mangolets.

As I bent to enter my automobile, I caught reflected in the swinging door window a quick dash of whatever it was that swam out at me in the space between the Vijay Chowk traffic signal and Raisina Hill a few minutes before. I can tell you without a faint pulse now, and it is no more a source of mirth now than it was then, that what I saw was no apparition. I very much doubt it was my mind playing tricks on me, which I notice it has stopped doing during the later hours. What I saw was also not a mirage, for the evening I remember now was quite cool. I think what i saw was death.
Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.

1 comments:

Meenakshi Chauhan said...

Why? the hang is leaving me wanting to know more!

Copyright © 2012 Know Your Enemy All Right Reserved
Designed by Odd Themes
Back To Top